In Autumn 2016 Welsh Labour launched its new five part Training Academy. Since then over 100 members have attended our sessions at venues across Wales. From campaigning in the media to using technology to target key voters, this in depth course will equip you with all the skills you need to campaign within your community. This course is for both those who are completely new to Labour campaigns and those who've been involved for a while and want to improve their skills.
What do the sessions cover?
This course is made up of five modules of up to two hours, which will be delivered at locations across Wales over the course of 2017 and into 2018. The modules are:
- An introduction to campaigning, including campaign planning and voter targeting
- Print & messaging, including developing key messages and putting together a print plan
- Media & social media, including making the most of visits and getting results from social media
- Building your team, including effective communication with members and using NationBuilder to develop your team
- Community organising, including building relationships in your community and campaigning on local issues
Sessions will be run by Party staff and special guest trainers. There will be an admin fee of £20 for each applicant, which will cover the cost of the whole training programme.
To join the Training Academy email list and get updates on sessions near you please fill in the form below.